Welcome to the Newport Recreation Center. Through the efforts of many persons in the community, this facility offers opportunities for a variety of organized and nonorganized recreational, sports, special, and social activities for a wide range of age levels.
When you arrive, you must check in at the control desk in the main lobby. For your convenience and safety, there is ALWAYS a staff person on duty during open hours.
1. Cancellations for room reservations must be made 24 hours prior to a reservation.
2. Smoking, chewing tobacco, etc. is prohibited.
3. Alcohol is not permitted in the Rec. Center.
4. Weapons and controlled substances are prohibited.
5. The use of candles or any open flame is prohibited.
6. Use of rice, birdseed, confetti, dance wax, or bubbles are prohibited.
7. Special events, athletic leagues, and other events may be required to carry insurance naming the City as an additional insured.
Food and Drink: Food and drink are not allowed in the small gym, dressing rooms, dance room or meeting room 105. Exceptions could be made with management's approval only.
Please follow these rules for the safety of yourself and others around you:
Ages 0-13 years old Not Permitted in workout equipment area
Age 14 years old Permitted Only to use equipment with parental supervision
Ages 15 years old and up Permitted to use equipment without adult supervision
Ages 0-11 years old Permitted Only with Parent on the track
Ages 12 years old and up Permitted to use track without adult supervision
Ages 0-8 years old Not Permitted to be upstairs
Ages 15 years old and up Permitted to watch events without adult supervision only on the track where roped off, not on the bridge area
Newport Parks and Recreation - (541)-265-7783